Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Playstation 3 40GB By Smart Techno Review

Playstation 3 40GB

As DVD playback made the PlayStation 2 more than just a game machine, hefty multi-media features make the PlayStation 3 an even more versatile home entertainment machine. Features such as video chat, internet access, digital photo viewing, and digital audio and video will likely make it the central component of your media set-up. Still, it is first and foremost a powerful gaming console.

Smart Review

More Than I Expected...I Keep Finding Cool Features
I'm not a console gamer. I bought the PS3 strictly as a Blu-ray player. However, over the past three weeks, I've been discovering all kinds of cool things to use it for. I didn't know it had built in WiFi, and didn't care. But when it quickly found my wireless network, I used Nero MediaHome to stream video to it, which it played well, except the HD video, which was chopy. I actually ended up running an Ethernet cable to it because I am using my PC as a media server now. It plays Xvid and H.264 fine (after a 10 second demuxing process). The picture slideshow features are cool, too.

I've also enjoyed downloading free demos of games directly to the PS3 and playing with them. I can only squeeze in about 20 minutes of gaming per week if that, so the free demos have been enough. The UI is beautiful and fun to use.

Cons: I wish is would have come with a better manual. All I got was a quick setup type manual. It was fine to get me started but it didn't say anything about all the cool stuff it can do. Fortunately, I've jumped on lots of PS3 websites and stumbled upon stuff. The user community is good at explaining things like, you can only connect a USB HD formatted in Fat32 to the PS3. The PS3 is definitely not marketed to folks like my parents who rarely sit and read user forums.

thanks http://astore.amazon.com/cheap.playstation.3.-20/

No comments: